Races Of Arkasus WIP (Suggestions welcome!)

Hey everyone!

So i have been heavily working on my server lately, and putting in a lot of suggestions and creating the lore and storylines of the server.

I am making a sticky thread for this as i will be updating it as i go, and adding more to the list!

I give you, the races of arkasus!

So far I have neutral races.

Each race catergory is broken into 5 catergories: Light, Good, Neutral, Evil, Dark

Light: Almost holy beings, Serving purpose to their deities and are usually extremely spiritual in morality. Their counter is usually evil and dark alignments.

Example Of Light Alignment:

Race: Celestrial

Alignment: Light

Deities: Asharri

Description of race: Winged humanoids containing white feathers. They were created in the form of Asharri. Pointed ears, hair is usually white, blonde, red, or black. Garb is usually fine leather armor, golden fastenings on it, and runic symbols of the Asharri Temples. This race was created to battle the forces of evil and darkness.

Good: The good Alignment is a step up from neutral, also known as “neutral good”. this alignment is usually used by humble merchants, farmers, straight up adventurers, and those who help others in the world…though not usually commiting to any deity. they are just good in nature.

Example Of Good Alignment and race:

Race: Kinder Nekojiin AKA Tiny Neko

Alignment: Good

Deities: None

Description of race: These little felines are a sub race of the Nekojiin. They are small, friendly, and usually are serving in the local tavern, or playing music for travellers. They tend to be found throughout arkasus. They are known for their big eyes, small bodies, and their bushy tails.
Tiny Neko come in all colors, from tiger stripes, to panther fur color. They are always full of information. and cute too!

Neutral: Neutral alignment can basically be any race. they can come from Light all the way to Dark. Neutral alignments are usually caught at a crossroads, and sometimes are just neutral in general. This just means they can do acts of good and evil. NOTE: just because it says neutral races, does not make them neutral alignment. this simply means they can be of any alignment for these given races. Some races are subject to certain rules, with few and far between exceptions. this will be addressed later on when character development happens and we have RP Admins on the server in the far future.

these are just some examples to explain the how the alignment system works in roleplay character creations.

a rough summary of stated info above.

Light --> Good --> Neutral <-- Evil <-- Dark

Light: usually following a deity that stands for holy light, justice, and other moral highs.

Good: does good deeds, and is friendly in 90% of aspects. can follow deities but can also be strictly agnostic.

Neutral: does not commit to any deities, and is more subject to flip fop, does good and bad things pretty evenly.

Evil: commits crimes, does bad deeds, tricks strangers, steals, robs, is out for number one. may or may not follow a deity.

Dark: followers of dark deities, bent on destruction of the world, preying on the weak, and usually dark in nature.

This is subject to change obviously, and i will be adding more to it. so i can begin creating their homes in levels for the future.
What i was wondering from you guys, and thought it would be fun, if you wanted to submit your own races you want added to the game.

Also with suggestions coming in from other boards and groups about my server. I decided i would be adding roleplaying elements to it, as well as questing and other things.

So what you decide on races and such, will also be part of the roster of playable races for roleplay characters.

So if you have any suggestions, or are into roleplaying (as in, playing out your character) please feel free to submit.

all submissions have to have the following:

• detailed description of the race
  • if possible, a photo or picture depicting the race
  • what alignment they are : Light, Good, Neutral, Evil, Dark
  • spiritual or non-spiritual. (if spiritual, please also add a description of the deity, belief structure, as well its alignment)
  • must not be stolen from some video game. keep in mind, dungeons and dragons races, and other lore games are fine. and if taken from another game, give it your own spin on it, and a new name.)
  • can be any creature, but has to be able to walk on land, have 2 legs, or a serpent tail, or something of the kind. And must be a solid form. No spirits, ghosts, poltergeists, etc.

ill add more to the submission requirments, but this looks good for now. Cant wait to read some of your submissions :slight_smile:

Pretty awesome, for character creation might I suggest you do a tree, it’d make an awesome graphical presentation.

The problem with a character tree and character creation, i want to keep it open. since this server is more action/adventure then roguelike, creating character trees is more tuned to the more diablo type games. this is mainly for roleplaying aspects of the game, as well as development of story and lore. it also conflicts with the linear path of dungeon completions as well as side quests. I want each and every player to be able to get whatever items, spells, weapons, etc. they want, as long as they complete the storyline or quests for it to achieve those goals. For example, i want to add later on different types of arrows. to obtain say for example, shadow arrows, you would have to complete tasks for the dark alignment quest lines, and go search and complete those tasks for them.

another example is just the opposite, the light arrows, which would have to be obtained in the light alignment questlines.

thus pushing players to buy certain items, or obtain certain ones for their characters. Like if you decided you wanted to play say…a satyr who was a bard. you would seek out the instrument questlines and do those adventures to obtain them. and so on.

So people know what i’m talking about I made a quick throw together script. If I were to actually do this for a server it’d most likely have a better transition as well as be fitted out with graphics.

[video=youtube_share;xaKlS-XvbTQ]http://youtu.be/xaKlS-XvbTQ[/video]

Mountain giant