RC Source or Custom RC?

Has there ever been a leak of the Graal RC’s source? Even if it’s an older version, could someone upload what they have?

If not, is there anyone that has made an attempt to design a custom RC from scratch? I am beginning to develop in Java for Android OS, and I would like to see if I could somehow write a modified version of the RC.

All I need to know is how the information is passed from the RC to the Gserver, so I can replicate that and write it in Java. Thanks!

look at http://gs2emu.googlecode.com

I downloaded the entire SVN… but sadly, got nothing from the Remote Control folder. >.< is it a mistake on my behalf? I’ll try re-downloading it.

Oh, right, we scrapped that due to a request from Joey. If you want it, send me an email at [email protected] and I’ll send you a copy.

oh idkk, i have a practically-complete C# version for windows mobile somewhere, and successfully ported the protocol to java to work on an android mobile-rc but after porting it, i learned to hate java so effing much and never finished anything after being able to successfully receive the graal serverlist… was fun i guess, idk…

I hate Java too. We can be Java hatin’ bros.

Amen but sadly android is in love with it :(! damn you google… i just can’t stand that lack-of-unsigned bs!

Can use the NDK on Android to be slightly more pro :wink:

Edit: Also, send me your graal shit for win mob & android :stuck_out_tongue:

Curiously, I seemed to have forgotten how to change the IP that RC reaches out to. For some reason, I thought it was arrays2.dat, but that seems to be just for the gclient, itself.

The IP is built into RC itself. If you want to change it, you will need to use Ollydbg. Inside the gserver source code, in the docs folder, is a clientcrack.txt file. It contains instructions on how the host name is generated and how to change it.

What hostname/IP are you trying to insert?

I just opened mine with FrHed (hex editor) and looked for listserver.graal.in and overwrote it with 127.0.0.1, works fine.

That will work for RC2, yes. Just remember to add a 0x00 to the end of that! Don’t want to create a buffer overflow exploit now.

Yea of course lol, RC1 reads arrays2.dat

Aha! That’s what I was hoping for. I figured it out how to hex RC2. Wasn’t terribly hard. Reading up on buffer overflows. Sounds complicated. lol

No, it doesn’t. The original RC1 that was distributed a few years ago came with a loader application that read arrays2.dat and modified the RC1 .exe file, then executed it.