Relic Outside Level

he was talking about using the tiles to decrease load time instead of having a bunch of tree.png objects sitting around everywhere.

The wording in his post did not say that at all. You had to make the assumption that he knew that already, which I didn’t make. (Not trying to be insulting, I just try not to assume.)

But yes, Graal does fail at multiple NPCs in a level. There’s no excuse for the kind of degradation it has. It should take thousands, not 10.

The fan in my laptop turns on before I can get a chance to move around.

I made a code that put tree top images on tree tiles. Didn’t lag.

I never planned on using any RPGXP resources nor any other resources that I did not personally make. The image provided was only an example of a decent looking tree in the top down perspective that is unlike graal shaped trees.

I really would like to color coordinate and optimize my entire tile-set but given the current restrictions on color counts (256 colors for everything in the tile-set), the lack of layer support, and serious time constraints, I recycled a lot of the same colors into different tiles… which screwed up the contrast I also try not to use more than 3 shades of color when shading which in most cases wouldn’t be a problem except that I suck at selecting good colors its time consuming and my least favorite part of pixeling. I am cutting some corners for now. I can always recolor everything anyway but first I have to draw it all

Never fear, dawnbringer is here >> http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16247 and he’s willing to share his palette with you!
This is a great start for those who have little knowledge of colour theory and can be altered with finer shades as is appropriate while still maintaining a nice degree of contrast amongst saturation and all that other good stuff.

There is some way to get away with more than 10 images without game breaking lag on a level . I know Era had tons of images per average level.

I used be a lat when it was on the unknown server list a long ass time ago its ironic to look back now and see the shit I helped make with my friends as a kid is still around I also helped Dell plan and develop zone before Stefan and the globals jacked it and turned it into crap.

I said 10 images as an exaggeration. I just know it can be retardedly limited.