Rumoured Password Theft

The Graal Online team have been warning people that our site is a phishing site that will steal your password.

I would like to say that is completely false and that all of your passwords are safely stored in the standard vbulletin format which is an sha1 hash of your password combined with a salt value (random string put in with your password to make it harder to crack), this means that is impossible for us to get your forum password in plaintext.

You shouldn’t use the same password in more than one location anyway, especially if you have upgraded your Graal Account to Gold/VIP then you have monetary attachment to it and you should never use the password for it on any site.

The only time you can have your password stolen is when you are connecting to a server on our network hosted by someone who has hacked their server source code for malicious reasons. This is the very reason we have made it so you must set a separate password for in-game from the UserCP so that it doesn’t matter if they get that password.

If you are still worried about your in-game password being compromised you can use our gsecure login program which will give you a random one-time-use password that expires next time you run the exe so even if someone gets it your password will be changed next time you login.

Where is this rumor at? The forums? E-mail? I can’t find this rumor anywhere. :open_mouth:

That’s pretty low…

We need better PR at graalonline.com

[quote=eleventhree;12729]That’s pretty low…

We need better PR at graalonline.com…[/quote]

Well you apparently have the best PR men for the job, imo.
As in posters 1 and 2 in this thread.

The biggest problem is that people think of us as Anti-Graal because of Joey, Fogles and Jellyfish has been or is part of the current Graal Reborn staff.

No worry though. The staff members that play on GraalOnline actually pay for their account or asked someone else to pay for them. This includes me, as I play on GO some times just to get updates on what’s going on and stuff.

Aye, and most of the players on Graal Online, are cowards and sell outs when it comes to us anyway.

Guy: “So I have this server on Graal Reborn”
Pussy: “Thats it you’re out of the clique, I don’t want to get banned from knowing you”
Guy: “WTF!”

That’s an issue, BUT I’ve personally never released anything that has stolen passwords. I can recall that Joey and JF have.

Yeah, well, it’s the hacking part that scares them I believe

Yeah, true.

Attach professor to your names, hacking for education.

I don’t think that will work.

meh can’t believe hacking has attached a negative connotation to it thanks to the American government =P Captain Crunch :slight_smile:

Over (or close to?) two years of running graal reborn (as in since i’ve been hosting it)… I don’t think there has been a single case of stealing passwords, or hacking graalonline accounts. The closest thing we do to ‘hacking’ (which is protected by the American Government) is reverse engineering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_engineering#Legality

Jellyfish used a nullified version of vbulletin for anti-unixmad. You can figure out the rest.

FOGLES!!! muahaha love that crazy guy.

THIS THREAD IS A YEAR OLD YOU FUCKING NECROPHILIAC.

SIR I HAVE NOT NOW OR EVER PARTICIPATED IN ANY NECROPHIZZEMS

but seriously i think it helps keep things alivee:unixmad:

Unixmad has shown fear! Thats all i can say about that.

I dont see why the GO community fears us, as beholder said, if you even mention Graal Reborn, they shun you straight away :frowning:

Lies. Some people are even interested in it when I meantion it, or when kids think I’ll get in trouble if they yell out that I’m a member here.