Setting up RC on new server

^^ That I need, any ideas?

The best quests involve throwable chairs

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

my fav quests are the ones where you need to infiltrate and fight your way through some sort of compound/dungeon

yes. with disguises.

Sounds a little advance :v
Not the dungeon part, the disguises and throwable chairs(inside joke?).

throwable chairs are not that advanced…
You only have to add the canbecarried; flag to your npc.

I know nothing about flags.

If you guys have any full blown tutorials and can tell me any that’d be appreciated.

I’ve read fp4 and all fyi.

commands.rtf is the Gs1 bible. If you have any questions about the gs1 grammar which isn’t covered very well just post your questions here.

Ok so I found the commands.rtf but I have one question.
Is there like a specific syntax required or is it the same as gs2?
I dont even know the syntax for gs2.
Is there some other langauge I should learn before actually touching gs?
I only know autoit/vb but I know very little, only automation.

GS1 is as easy as it gets. No need to learn anything else before.
You have a word document in the same folder as commands.rtf that is meant to be an intro. It’s called npcprogramming.doc.

Essentially, GS1 looks like javascript… that’s what people would say back in the days.

edit:
Don’t bother with GS2, we don’t do GS2 here and our client doesn’t support it.

If you’re serious about learning, I’d say that getting a general feel for programming fundamentals such as
data types, conditional statements, functions, loops, arrays and etc… should be enough to get you started.
JavaScript is probably the closest match and you can learn it interactively for free here:
https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-javascript

However, like 2ndwolf said, GS1 is really as simple as it gets and the commands.rtf should be enough to get
you started with basic projects.

Start small/ask for help if you need it.

I’m back :slight_smile:
So I did the javascript course on codecacademy (not finished) and it was really useful.
I was wondering if there was a way to edit the level on the client itself rather than making a level with the editor then uploading it to the server?

Short answer is no.

Long answer is good luck with that. The way I would do it, I would need a modified gserver and npcs that retrieve/save levels I’d edit… along with an npc that lets me edit the levels. I have that gserver somewhere… I might try to make an editor for the client, could be a nice challenge. But some features would need to be dropped… such as right click filling; that would be painstaking to code (for me at least).

Is uploading level files really such a pain? Nonetheless, an interesting project along those lines could be something like a “house editor” where players could pick or choose items (like furniture) from a list and add them to their “houses” on the server. Same concept, but it wouldn’t require a dreaded filling system or anything of that sort.

I’d be willing to help if you decide to do it.

That’s already been done on the defunct bomberman server. VW was also working on one on PWA.

I’ve wanted to make an editor for the client for a while now so I’m decided.

use the trigger hacks to write level data to a log file. then have an outside process read and save the changes to the appropriate level.

I’ve no idea what you guys are talking ahout, I think I’ll stick with uploading levels.
I just thought editing the levels and the npc’s script using the client would be more efficient?
Could anyone explain what the online level editor is? Does it work with Graal Reborn?

Well I wouldn’t say more efficient, since all you need to do is create your levels with the offline editor and then upload them
to your server via the RC (Remote Control) which shouldn’t take too long.

The online level editor is only available on GraalOnline and uses GS2 not GS1, so no, it doesn’t work with Graal Reborn.
If you’re wondering why in the hell we still use GS1 around these parts, it’s because Graal Reborn is not officially affiliated with Graal and most of the files (aside from the GServer) are the remnants of Graal when it was initially created (i.e: they’re outdated).

So I’ve uploaded a level and this is what it looks like, https://gyazo.com/8af8be893539c32fc25e266c5a0f7177
How can I warp to it?
Sorry for the stupid question but I can’t seem to find the answer to it.

If I remember correctly, make sure you give your account RC rights, then in the game chat say: “warpto yourlevel.nw”, and that should work. I believe there’s also a way to manually change the level your player is on through the RC. I haven’t ran a server in awhile so I’m not exactly sure how to do that anymore.

Hopefully someone here with more experience can guide you.