So I Tried UE4

Hey.

So I downloaded and have been using for a while Unreal Engine 4.
I’m trying to do some things oriented for mobile devices such as android and iOS, and wondered if I should attempt to make a game.

I’m new to this, and wondered if you guys have any suggestions, tips, or hints, maybe related to a good workflow or anything like that.

Thanks!

3D Graal lol

Lol. I’m actually attempting to do a 2d sidescroller game. Unreal engine is mainly 3D oriented, and it’s kind of hard to do a 2D game. Altho, is an engine free and unrestricted.

start with something small and learn the basics, otherwise it’s going to be extremely frustrating

^

why I suggested Graal is because it’s already a familiar concept and it would be neat to see something come from that.

My main problem now is getting assets(graphics mainly).
I need spritesheets for animations, graphics for menus, etc.

There’s a 2d example included that has some helpful libraries. Then just grab graal’s assets.

I wonder if I ever made the capability of having my version of Graal done on UE4, and publish it on the play store and app store, I would be sued or something.

Still it’s a good idea to try to implement that.

Thanks!

what is your specialization eroz? are you a programmer? technical artist? 2d artists? environment artist? the unreal engine is a bit daunting, but extremely powerful. It has great 2d implementation as well. my asset pack was built for unreal engine.
but like ygg said, try testing the waters with some premade assets for your work and hash out a prototype first and see if its worth your while to pursue it as a full game. also, keep it small if this is your first project. simple mechanics, gameplay, etc. with game design projects, its easier to add to a project, as opposed to put 100 features in it at once. cheers. let us know what your progress is.

if you need some free graphics to play with. go to http://opengameart.org/

all of it is free.