Will there be a port for Mac?

Will the server or at least client be ported onto macs?
Or is that not planned?

If we ever make our own, maybe.

You can run the server on a mac

Won’t WINE run the client? Or is that Linux?

Yup. Wine can run the client perfectly on Mac.

I’ve only ran into problems when using Wine. I think they were graphical problems, though. You could log onto servers, but you could never see anything but blackness.

Always turn off direct3d. Also, I used crossover wine binaries on my old mac.

Okay so after a lot of failing I managed to successfully install wine and run the game!
I encountered the problem that when I login onto a server everything is black. Can someone give me a more detailed explanation on how to fix that?

P.S. Turned off Direct3D, didn’t help.

Get CrossOver games. Install some dummy package so crossover will auto install lots of fonts. Then run graal under that bottle. That’s about all I can say because that’s exactly what I did.

[s]Installed CrossOver, made a winxp bottle with fonts and DirectX 9(just in case), Can’t figure out how to run graal through the bottle.
Tried opening Graal in crossover, it seemingly worked, but when I logged on in a server everything was gray.

What am I doing wrong?

Ok figured out how to run through the bottle, still gray screen on servers.

On side note, when running with Wine and encountering the black screen error, this shows up in console:

fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f3ec,0x00000000), stub! fixme:coreaudio:get_channel_mask Unknown speaker configuration: 64 fixme:coreaudio:get_channel_mask Unknown speaker configuration: 64 fixme:wave:AudioUnit_SetVolume independent left/right volume not implemented (1.000000, 1.000000) err:wave:AudioUnit_SetVolume AudioUnitSetParameter return an error -50 err:d3d_surface:surface_download_data Trying to read back converted surface 0x166fa50 with format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM.
I guess the 2-5 messages are some sort of sound errors, but 1st and 6th one might be related to my problem.

Maybe that can help?[COLOR=“Silver”][/s]

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

[/COLOR]SOLUTION FOUND:

First, run this:

sudo port install winetricks

Then run this:

winetricks dinput8 gdiplus ddr=gdi

Then download this:
http://download.cnet.com/NET-Framework-1-0-GDIPLUS-DLL-Security-Update/3000-10250_4-10732223.html

And put it here:
/Users/USERNAME/Library/Caches/winetricks/gdiplus/

Then run this again:

winetricks dinput8 gdiplus ddr=gdi

Then run graal through wine! It will work! :smiley:

Should I write a full tutorial on how to run graal on mac?

Cool, might be worth 'sticky’ing this for mac users if there isn’t something better already written.

Write a full tutorial, easy enough for a layman to understand. And I’ll sticky it in the tutorial section.

Yay

do it hosler, write the tutorial!