Xialza v3

As a few of you know, me and tricxta have been working on a new version of Xialza. I’ve been trying to get most of the tiles done, and I think it’s an appropriate time for a little look at what I’ve been into.

While tricxta has been scripting, he has also been working on this level to show off. I really hope you guys enjoy it. There will definitely be more to come.

Note: Those leaves falling from the tree are a scripted effect. (Thanks to tricxta)

Something about the grass and cliffs I don’t like, I think its because It’s not defined.

Cliffs look similar…
can’t quite put my finger on it…

Well I made everything from scratch, so I don’t know what to say, dylan.

Also, Mirage, I get where you’re going with undefined, but I wanted to keep them as background material so I kept them dull.

It looks really good in my opinion. I think the trees are a little repetitive.

I told you kondie, I TOLD YOU!

I do actually have multiple different trees, I just didn’t send them to tricxta. Some have holes in the trunk, some have less leaves, etc.

To be honest I’m getting lazy with ViaXa. I’d rather learn java and make a Zelda: the Minish Cap clone.

I don’t know what that has to do with the subject, but learning Java is putting more work on yourself than working with Graal. A Minish Cap clone is one of the things the world doesn’t need. Original content would be nice to see.

I don’t mean to spam the thread, but this is totally related.

I told you about trees bro!!! I told you dog!

gllt reposted an image? THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?

Hm, I read the spoiler, and sadly I have to agree with all of that. I’m not the best graphics artist, but believe my I’m trying. I really appreciate the feedback. I’ll try to work on the things you recommended, but they might not all come out very pleasing or change at all.

I’ll change that graphics. I just need something to start out with.

The tree shadows seem a lot more full of leaves than they ought to be, or perhaps the trees themselves are a little too bare for their shadows? Also the bushes have no shadows, which for me just doesn’t make sense when the trees get shadows.

Aside from those things and what was mentioned about the cliffs and the house I like what you’ve done so far. Definitely has some good potential, keep it up!

I was actually looking at the tree shadow today thinking I ought to add some holes into it for spots of missing leaves. Also, I had forgotten to put a bush shadow in, but I had definitely planned on it. Thank you for the feedback, it’s much appreciated.

Looking nice. Like everyone else has said the trees look a bit repetitive, otherwise everything else looks great!

why so late?

Delete these posts.

no, I like them

Jew.