Community Collaboration

The town’s like underground you know…

Ewps… I…ugh… didn’t mean to expose to the flaw in the project?

Still plenty of room. Middle level is the only one really used up, and it still could bena water temple.

i made a town :frowning:

A2, B2, B3, C1, and C2 all need water.

A2, B3, and C1 need cliffs.

Have fun with a “town” in only C2.

cough make it 4x4 cough

Or larger in general…

I don’t see nine people making a level each, don’t expect sixteen.

you sunk my battle ship

Guess you better just relocate then…

It really doesn’t matter where he saw this. Atleast he’s being proactive and actually doing something to try to bring the community together. And not clogging up the “New Post” feed with 'Can I Have…" threads. :slight_smile:

Bring the community together my ass… And you’re having a go at me for creating a thread asking for a bit of help with lwjgl? Seriously…

Dylan’s level naming system is completely out of order…

A1 B1 C1
A2 B2 C2
A3 B3 C3

The reason GR has no content is because you punks can’t even push yourselves to make a single level interesting. Depending on one or two people out of a nine person LAT team to add any content is fucking retarded. Beholder could troll you punks with Unix Graal all day… 9 ow levels all with more than one thing going on in them and thrown together in a week.

I’m helping Urza redirect his cliffs into Tricxta’s, then working on our indoor levels, tutorial, and the first quest. The top of B3 and C3 are solid grass and won’t have any influence on whatever whoever is putting into B2 and C2… C1, C2 and B2 should be town, just make that water into a river or something, sheesh.

More detailing to do and the interior junk, but our lebbles are ready to link to the others. Might plow some of trees in Urza’s level for another house once I get the other two looking better.

And VW comes to save the day.

It’s looking good guys!

i offer chicken town. it’s the epitome of my graal lat skillz, and it’s not even all original work. it was the first town i made for when i suggested each person here make a town so we can finally have a real server. ill pm it to you or whatever.

holy crap. did you know you can just do a control-z if you accidentally leave this page before you submit and everything comes back? i didn’t.

Wtf?

I’m surprised at the amount of negativity about this project. Clearly there are some misconceptions about the point and the end result of a project of this nature.

As I see it the idea is to have nine people build separate levels. The fun of the project comes from when it is finished and it’s put together and you see how 9 different levels from 9 different people looks together. It’s not like we are joining together to make a sweet player-world comparable to something Beholder could do (which he isn’t doing). Imagine it like us making a salad and you adding a ingredient of your choice. Sure, it probably won’t taste that good - clearly that wasn’t the point (Not a great metaphor, but whatever). It’s the ends not the means we should be concerned about.

Additionally, the reason GR has no content is not because people can’t make an interesting levels. Christ, Graal the Adventure, one of the most complete player-worlds, is full of completely atrocious looking, god awful levels. Not to mention bad images, convoluted scripts encumbered with inefficiencies, and other things that empirically make a bad player-world, but more to the point it is a player-world and it is fun. Isn’t Graal the Adventure the result of an amalgamation of talent throwing things together?

The reason there is no content is because it’s a lot of work and time for very little pay off. People at Graal Reborn aren’t on the same page; a house divided can’t stand. There are many reasons player-worlds aren’t available here at Graal Reborn, but piss-poor levels aren’t one of them. A reason, most surely, is simply lack of levels of levels. Really, I apologize for the rant. It’s probably under-warranted and an over reaction.

Finally, there is tons of room for a town.

The difference between Beholder and many of us is that he has a lot more experience.

Completely missed my point on the Unix Graal thing. This project is a waste of time, nobody feels like doing anything so they’re just covering their asses. I’ll finish my stuff when somebody actually contributes something meaningful.