Hey GR, been a while. im back.

Very impressive assets!

just put up the version without the screenshots for now, people will get sick of looking at it without screen shots and be like “shit nigga here fuck I’ll do it for u”

Correction, Jatz has removed himself from reborn having stated his obvious frustration with this community and that he doesn’t feel we deserve his engine or effort. Hosler is now ‘the main man’.

how is jatz progress going? from his last posts, he seems a bit MIA. I could be wrong, he might be lurking around IM’s and what not. I just spoke with codr in a message, it will be some time on his end as well and hes working on it as a personal project by himself. he already knows if he needs some graphical work to give me a shout.

I dont mind doing some foot work, just a bit of an idea and direction would be awesome. With my experience so far even working with small studios and indie developers, its better to have some short term goals and a timeline of releases, etc. when we got short on help, we hit the development boards. there is tons of coders and programmers just looking to jump on a project. lots of hobbyist and old school gamers too. it would not be hard to get a solid team working on something. I know its been a pretty closed community on GR. ive been in and out of it for a while. Its just a possible idea to think outside the box.

I am not trying to discourage or anything, Im just letting you know that just a website update is not going to be enough if there is not a steady development going on.

___Merged doublepost__________________

From what i read in the random posts, its kind of a flip flop on staying as open graal and being locked into no advertisement and no real progress on that part. I liked jatz idea and what he wrote. even if hes a bit MIA. For the community to press on, i think some changes need to be adjusted at a development level as a whole. just my opinion though.

with that said, just let me know what you want done. give me the dimensions you need, can be in pixels, inches, cm, etc. and ill go to work on it.

until i know a bit more about which direction this is going, i cant really start working on graphical work. i could probably put together a tileset in a couple of months. projected time, i could most likely have bare bones templates and “default” new sprites done up too. its a lot of work mind you, but with the right direction we push everything, we could easily have all the help that is needed to put things in motion and a plan set as well.

New website uploaded -> easier flow to Old Engine -> higher chance of getting people to play our shitty servers

…also just out with the old, in with the new really. If you make it seem like progress is being made, eventually real progress will come.

lets start with a logo for the site! lol can we move this to skype chat or irc since everyone seems to be online right now?

#graal on freenode.

it wont let me indentify with the web server. but i tried. lol but yes, id like to discuss this more.

This is what I’ve been hoping for. Even though it feels like it’s going to fail regardless. If there were people here actively playing and wanting more, it would certainly increase my motivation to do anything. I’m not saying that the input/requests/support that come from everyone already here are meaningless. Far from it. But more would help!

ill move it to #reborn cadavre still owns #graal

for the lazy: https://webchat.freenode.net/

Codr, I apologize i am a bit late to the revision party. If you do need a hand with anything, let me know. for now ill help hosler with the website and get it up and going. my only issue is doing tilemaps and doing all the asset work, only for it to not work in say your new engine or not get used kind of thing. its not really a question of motivation on my part. I finish what i start. whenever you are ready, just let me know. ill hand over whatever you need. and if you need a hand programming wise, i can get in contact with some developers i know who would more then happy to work on a LTTP open world multiplayer that has moddable and sandbox features. :wink: also, as i said, a post to an indie dev board would also bring the flock.

Some (many) members of this community will be receiving full access to my engine for free, it’s just not going to be an “official graal reborn” project, It is also no longer open-source.

My reasons for this decision are:

1. Unixmad is an ass and I got tired of his legal threats
  2. Certain members of this community make me sad
  3. I believe there is more opportunity for a 2D game engine to grow if it’s not tarnished with the graal name.

Don’t take my inactivity on these forums as a lack of progress on the engine, it’s just not specifically designed for this community anymore. If anyone is interested in contributing, add me on skype (allofthegoodnamesaretaken101) and I can give you access to the source code if I feel you’d be a good contribution to the team.

I have free access. huhuhuhuhu

Threw this together this morning. playing with colors and using some of the stuff i had and made already to give it some love. took in everyones feed back and came up with this. not too far from the original name, but dropping the “graal” from it.

original here: http://i.imgur.com/yKFNUqM.png?1

Also, Ive been in contact with jatz. I will be doing work with him on the engine. Hes got a solid idea and I like where he is taking it. ill also muck about here doing some graphics work and maybe work on something for one of the servers. cheers.

Hosler go go go. You got your shit

I’m on it

Wooo, let’s just shift graal reborn to a platformer!

And we’ll name it Moogie.

Onijustin was working on something cool like that a few years back

Obvious naming of a furry.

http://forums.opengraal.com/forumdisplay.php?84-Moogie

Or a side scroller.