JS Reborn

Both glitches in presence and movement system have been fixed.
The only thing that’s left is to have the sitting animation for one player show up to other players on the server which shouldn’t take very long.

After that, I’m going to go into a period of testing and making sure that everything works properly (probably will take about a week or two).
I might also make a few adjustments to the chat system during that time and have the player’s credentials show up (so players know who’s who in game).

Expected release of the demo is still set to the end of this month, maybe even a bit before.
I will continue to post significant progress updates as they’re completed.

Edit: See the completed first demo here:

[video=youtube;TT4pvZTYI9E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT4pvZTYI9E[/video]

Also, I will be working on a basic guest login panel so that usernames don’t have to be long, randomized strings.

Well I had some time today so I finished the guest log in panel too :slight_smile:

[video=youtube;tfKrgkB1G1I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfKrgkB1G1I[/video]

What’s up with 2 players appearing even though only one logged in? Does that mean your current demo only supports 2 players? I doubt it but I might as well ask.

Currently, just being at the login page adds you to the game as an idle character until you hit play. I’ve tested the game with 4 different windows and it works great so it definitely supports more than 2 (I’ll update this post with a video demonstrating it when I get home).

I’m not exactly sure what server capacity is right now, but the db cluster and code optimizations should fix any issues that might arise in the future in terms of that.

if i can idle on it, then it’s ready for release.

Here’s that 4 client test:

I’m going to try to get a few more things done today; honestly I could probably release the demo next week. It’ll be my christmas gift to you all.

Edit: Hover chat and usernames… done!

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“title”:“chatnusernames.jpg”,“data-attachmentid”:186001}[/ATTACH]

Release is scheduled for this Saturday at 8: 30 AM EST. I’ll keep it up from then on, unless things start to crash.
If you are available, feel free to hop on so that I may test our server capacity with a single db.

Everything should work fine, but note that since we currently don’t have a level editor, a lot of the tiles will not be collision-enabled (just the ones that I manually added to the game as NPCs, which will generally be chairs and tables). Since it will take quite awhile to replicate the level I have above without the editor, I won’t be doing that for this demo.

Aside from that, if you notice any significant bugs or glitches, feel free to either message me or sign up on our forums
and post them under “Game Maintenance”. I’ve posted the link quite a few times already but here it is
again: http://www.evora.forumotion.com

Also, quick thanks to kosterz and 2ndwolf for signing up there and posting their introductions!

Oh and invite your friends! let’s try to crash this thing (gracefully, please. Let’s not start having 100 tabs open, just leave that up for me
to test).

I couldn’t like, but it turned out it was because I wasn’t logged in anymore. Hah! Nice work, I will be there, but not necessarily that time :slight_smile:

I will be on at exactly 830pm :smiley:

Got twitter Rammy? if so, make a post about it before and then link and I will retweet. I have a few followers on it.

8: 30 PM or AM?
I understood AM…

You are correct (8: 30 AM), my bad for not clarifying.

I will do my best, as well as reach out to a couple old Graalybuds that I grew up with IRL, they may be down for testing shenanigans!

I do, but I use it for personal things and I doubt that my friends would be interested in this sort of thing unfortunately… but you’re welcome to share the link on yours!

Will do. I have around 270 followers and most of them are based on game dev posts etc. So, it might help get a few people on to test it etc. Just need to get an animated gif that looks interesting to hook 'em in XD

Anything with boobs grabs my attention

[USER=“470”]Chicken[/USER] I can’t say for sure right now, but if you can get half that many people on the server all at once,
especially with the way I have it set up, we should be in for one hell of a ride.

And by hell of a ride, I mean extreme lag and/or server crash. :slight_smile: Cheers!

I doubt it would be near that, or even half that, but it should hopefully get some people on.

Even man boobs?

man boobs are still boobs

Upon anticipation of our demo release tomorrow, I’d like to ask if anyone has any graphics that they would like to contribute to the project. While I’m definitely trying to keep things consistent in terms of general artwork on the game, any Graal-like art should be fine! As long as you own the graphics, or know for sure that the graphics may be used in our game, feel free to post them here.

Below is a prioritized list of graphic categories and their importance to the project as of now:

What I’m really looking for:
*Bodies: I’d like to maintain the general roundness of the Graal bodies, but we definitely can’t have a recolored default as our default body.
*GUIs
*Miscellaneous: Pickaxe graphics, rock graphics, liquor, crates.
*Heads

What I’d like to have:
These are not a priority at the moment but definitely will be needed eventually.
*Swords
*Enemies

What I’m not really looking for:
*Hats: I have quite a few beautiful ones from graphic artists that I used to work with.