Nostalgia? I dunno

Jesus christ mang you are going at it non-stop.

Can I steal you to as an LAT when my Graal-like game is complete?

lol. Sure. Have you got any info on it?

I post updates on the general board but I’m swamped with work this week. Eventually there will be a site/blog, and there should be a combat/PK playtest on this forums in the next few months to get feedback and test lag. I’m trying to make the level editor as intuitive as possible.

With three of use being active classic style levelers, it would be neat to do a collaborative project where we each take a small region that’s like 3x3, 4x3, or 4x4 and throw in a couple quests or something. (8 hearts doesn’t divide cleanly, maybe somebody could do a sword quest instead of a third heart?) I’m working half days training for a new job and not being very productive on the generator, but I could probably do some leveling fine. Not sure how much dylan can pump out over weekends, but he can make stuff fairly quick.

If I was going to actually make a player world, I was considering coding some core systems in first. For example: Quest accept system and a player quest log system/diary and it would be re-usable etc and not need to hard coded each NPC that has a quest receive or return
a new currency system and possibly a new default bomb and arrow system (to make aforementioned things more valuable and meaningful)

With that all said, if I were to get this overworld (inside and outside) to a reasonable state - I would consider the major land mass, multiple insides completed a reasonable state - I believe a collaborative effort would be neat.

From a players perspective i would much prefer easy and fun rather than super snazzy and semi tedious. Not saying you couldnt pull off snazzy and easy and fun all at once though.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

Also music. All the servers lack the midis. I wanna make a music system.

They lack music because we’re lazy, doesn’t take that long to add it everywhere. We’d also discussed having a script on PWA (probably on the hidden map weapon) to let players toggle whether they wanted to hear the music or not since it can be annoying. Should probably throw that on a thread once I put it together and have a couple people look at it.

Also when do I get to host 50 servers again?

well midis also sound like complete trash so I assumed people just turn them off by default

[user was banned for this post]

I have a friend who can make high quality music from back when I was developing for FTO and he might consider making music for any projects, but it would need to be a sure thing to be completed as I wouldn’t want to waste his time.

midis are kinda cool
stef7.mid and stef29.mid are the shit

anyways these levels look great, lovin’ the curved paths. keep it up

There was always one midi I loved and that was armahop. I remember it fondly from Providence, I believe. Brings back memories XD

So, I’m not necessarily running out of ideas for things to place, but I don’t want to put to many more villages/towns on the main land mass, as I will be putting in a pirate cove in the SE and NW there will be an Elvish tree village
(similar to/based off of what I had on Exodus) - or I put this South also and then do a snow biome, I plan to add a farm/ranch in the SE of the main land mass, the dirt path that leads North will lead to a land bridge/bridge to a castle (much like Zelda), West of the swamp dungeon I wasn’t to sure what to put there.

I also want to put a big ass Volcano in, as a separate land mass.

I had to edit my post as I forgot to get to the point, haha. If anyone has some suggestions for things, areas, towns, villages, activities (just visual things mainly) please suggest them as having a list of things to plop in is always good, in filling the overworld.

wtf dude are you a level machine or something?

also you should host your images on imgur or sli.mg

That’s what I’m saying, this guy is non-stop.

This is like making the LTTP overworld in a week.

lol. Leveling is pretty relaxing for me as when I was working on FTO earlier I was multi-tasking - brainstorming, leveling, pixel art, scripting, story writing, moderating, bug fixing and sometimes programming. All at one time. So, doing one singular thing for me is easy. I would have done more today, but I worked out, walked to get some drinks and then made dinner and then proceeded to drink.

I generally use imgur, but at the time it was either down or my freakin’ ISP couldn’t reach it :frowning: blaming my ISP for that one, as it sucks.

I honestly see Chicken as an inspiration. Keep going. lol

Slow going today, but done a bit and should pick it up later on. Frakkin’ hangover XD

Added screenshot and updated map a little bit.

First map to actually look like a kingdom

What about GTA? That looked like a kingdom!