Nostalgia? I dunno

looked more like a city to me

It reminds me of tropico

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

Done a bit more today, but had a busy day today. Finished all those paths in the South East (tiled them properly, started some pre-work for a giant ass volcano, detailed a few levels) I will probably continue work tonight, if not then I will get back at it tomorrow :slight_smile: Nothing major to show as it was mostly subtle detail or path stuff done.

Updated as I done a bit of work on the volcano thing, maybe volcanic island.

Unfortunately the lava tiles are missing from this tileset and I didn’t feel like adding them back in. No matter. Still working on it all.

Made a few custom poles NPCs for the dungeon tileset as I didn’t want to use wood poles or just the repeating tile. Not great, but only spent a min or two on them. Also made some quick ladder NPCs for getting onto the mountain.

Updated: Finished the mountain now, mostly. Requires some NPC image changes as I’m using placeholders atm and the wooden stair into the jules needs custom graphics.

Updated again: Done the southern little island, some detail on mainland, outline work, guard house, tree outlines and some other misc things, started a desert island, made a custom mailbox (overwrote old one) not awesome, but okay and added in some needed tiles for the desert isle (housing transition)

Did a bit more work and some custom graphics. Did a lot of outline work in the South East (beach) and some detail and paths in the mining town (pics to follow) Also, if you notice “it”, it is actually a placeholder graphics and should be more miner looking. but I don’t have the image XD.

Anyone have a house they want me to slap in? Might as well, if there’s some that fit in nicely (indoor) or possibly outdoor if you want.

Updated: More paths and path layouts, outline work.

Nice.
Those levels seem kinda big and it would take time to travel through.

This could need some NPC for players to up their walking speed.

Aye, agreed. There is nay nays in the barns, well there will be. If I were to make a server out of this, then I would want a similar skill to LTTP’s charge attack, perhaps. Could also be used for triggering hats to fall out of trees… XD

Did a few custom graphics today for the beach/sand tiles, finished the beach outline. I will probably make some basic dirt path tiles, reuse the current ones perhaps with a sandy overlay, maybe and possibly make a few prop NPCs

Seems someone forgot their sword :X

The idea of this being a server is rather an exciting prospect. I’d run around charging trees, hunting hats for sure!

Im just happy there is a hedge maze with a minotaur to fight

I was planning on putting in a hedge maze on that northern island lol… And possibly re-coding my changing path system from Exodus’s mazer event.

Slight beach tiles mockup. I will start implementing the buildings, etc now for this place. I wanted it to be a somewhat vibrant and happier feeling place. So, I went with the bright palette for the ground tiles.

Those tiles are just a mockup (the ground) to illustrate their uses.

Did a quick detail pass on some areas and finished up the beach island, pretty much.

Probably start on the northern isle tonight or tomorrow, do the rest of the paths on the mainland and then finish up the detail and then the overworld is pretty much completed. I think,

[USER=“470”]Chicken[/USER], do you plan to create a quest server?

It’s something I have been considering and I have somewhat been preparing the overworld for quests, but I still have not decided yet - will probably wait 'till the levels are completed, before I decide if I will make it into a actual server. If I don’t, I will just release all the assets to the public.

That’s one cool looking map. I like the river crossing.

Stay tuned next year for agret’s annual appearance

Slight update. Still a WIP. Forgot to remove my pasted content from the water lol.

Updated. May make some custom vines, leaves, detail objects for merging it into the trees. I only have the default webgifs/pngs :X

Added a giant maze into this part :slight_smile: still requires detail and paths (the island, but it’s coming along nicely imo)

Updated. Add big maze in :stuck_out_tongue:
Updated and added in the images.

The maze will also have changing paths by hiding and showing hedge pieces. Haven’t add this in, but yeh, I might XD wont take long as I can just modify my GS2 script from Exodus.

Well, I think the overworld is done, for the most part - there’s still a bit of room for additions and a little bit more pathing work to be done and small amounts of detail work.

sweet so whats next