Nostalgia? I dunno

Time to hide the hats around the world!

You going to implement a hat system? lol. I did start something, but I was like meh - I can’t be arsed.

Messed around with the little turtle again, just for fun. The animations not great, but that’s what I get for not spending a huge amount of time on it.

He/she was meant to be like “Oh, God! Something’s coming. I better hide”

Also, side note. When you edit a post that has an image tag in it, it messes up :X

This makes me feel like developing Graal content.
I’d like so bad to make quests again but as I’ve noticed it takes about minimum 20 hours of work for like 15 minutes of play time.
I was working on a sewer quest with water level switches; everything’s planned out, it’s half done, but with the player base we have right now we total like 2 hours of play time for that dungeon. :frowning:

If you do proceed, I would happily make you some levels. I did start designing some quest elements for this server, but decided against continuing them as I hate Gsript now lol. After touching JS, Java.

I will never. Posting this for nostalgia ~

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“custom”,“height”:“917”,“title”:“20170829_203228.jpg”,“width”:“995”,“data-attachmentid”:187733}[/ATTACH]

I’ve been messing about in Messing once again. Done a little bit of basic level work to accommodate some quests that I have been trying to get out of my head and some scripting. I was working on a quest chain and instead of creating some hacky animation with sleep .5 etc I made a basic system, so I can just wack info into an array, string and it’s performed in sequence. Probably just as hacky :smiley:

Moving on. I was testing it out and I added in animations, but I needed a jump animation and I don’t think there is one. So, I thought to myself “Well, skipping is kind of like jumping…” The setting is meant to be somewhat of a serious tone… You effectively have stolen this old hermits rusty sword and shield and he jumps down to yell at you etc.

Updated it with some chat.

Hah, would love play any quests you conjure up.

You could pop it into GraalShop and take off the rope… I guess you were going for a low effort solution though so maybe you thought of that already.

so i vaguely remember being able to record player movements in graal that would get saved to a file. i would record what i wanted the npc to do by doing it myself and then i would replace playerx and playery with x and y.

Don’t hold this as rock solid true but, as I remember, that was a feature in 1.3 and was removed not long after. I remember using it when I first played Graal.

I also remember this but can find no trace of it. I have a feeling it is one of those things like The Bernstein Bears books getting memory-holed then all being changed to Bernstain.

If you want you can look at the changelog/readme for those versions though I myself saw nothing that really stood out in relation to that.

http://nekoroy.com/graal/readme127.txt - http://nekoroy.com/graal/npcprogramming127.doc - http://nekoroy.com/graal/newfeatures131.txt - http://nekoroy.com/graal/newfeatures139.txt

You can also download and try every one of those versions http://nekoroy.com/graal/downloads.html and see if any have that though I dont think so.

That sounds super useful, but I don’t remember it being a thing. I know that the “snapshot” sorta feature, where you could save a .nw/.graal version of a screenshot and walk around in the level that it happened to see the dialogue at the time. This was later removed because I assume it was used to steal scripts, level designs, etc. Maybe the feature you guys are talking about got removed at some point for the same reason?

I have downloaded multiple Graal versions and after looking around I found on Graal 1.3.5 that pressing Alt+6 records your movement until you press Alt+7… it saves to levels/recordpos.txt

edit:
It’s a very messy file though, even back in the days I believed it to be inefficient. That’s probably why I forgot about it.

edit edit:
It works on the Graal version I use to this day: Graal 2.2.2

would you look at what I found ph_exclamation-jump.gani

btw I really like seeing the updates you post. makes me want to make stuff for graal again

Can’t remember where I found that gani for phoenix, or if I made it myself haha. Also same, wouldn’t mind just pitching in on someone’s project to do a bit of scripting, designing reusable mechanics that can be used in quests.

yeah like an npc that is driven by system scripts

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that animation name. I did look through the gani folder, but must have missed it. :X I did do a work around for it, but I might actually go back to the original and try this animation.

I generally post and make things because I enjoy it, but I do have an ulterior motive, to hopefully inspire people to make their own things (engine work or graal work, graphics, etc) as it’s awesome seeing their progress.

This is what I ended up using as a work around and an update screenshot of a fortune teller level.

Damn, unixmad would love to steal this.

Hermits hut. Made some new tiles for it. They’re pretty rough though XD