Random Level

Decided to make a thread for a pics1.png level i’ve made a while ago. I know i didn’t do the dubble cliffing right, it was just a test and i didn’t have the time to fix it. Lately i’ve been making Delteria levels but i might make some more pics1.png since i just like doing them more.

Another level that i really never got around to finish:

i like it

Nice, but I’d recommend staying away from pointed cliffs. Also, your levels are too noisy. Try placing things where you think they would actually fit.

I made these when i was ET Dev on UN, the theme of the levels there is usually crowded with a lot of detail. Anyway, thanks for the reply, i’ll make one with your suggestions soon :).

Ignoring the typical over-detailing, I quite like these levels. Your cliffs don’t look too bad, either. Should try to learn how to do them correctly if you want to be hired on a decent server. Crappy servers being UN, Zodiac, and iClassic.

i have a job on idelteria :). These levels ar a few weeks old and i’ve made tons of levels that i can’t show here =[.

I wouldn’t exactly consider iDelteria a decent server… To each his own?

Delteria’s levels are amazing last time I was on there. I think I still have RC rights on it.

Trust me, it’s beautiful :D.

Well, if Spooon has that kind of opinion towards iDelteria, I’m looking forward to seeing it.

I think Delteria would’ve been good, except they hired a bunch of noobs and dropped their standards. For certain people who have come through this community as complete noobs and left as complete noobs and then come to be in fairly high ranking dev positions says enough(to me at least).

Cool(ish) levels btw.

Nice levels iDylan. I don’t see what’s wrong with your double cliffing O_o

Pretty nice actually

Is MysticalDragon still the manager of Delteria? If so, post anything you want. His account on here is DarkLink.

He’s the development admin, Novo is the current manager.

As requested: a level with less detail. I decided to try a different tileset too. not alot of change tough. Without putting alot of detail i’ve come to the problem of having no more idea’s to fill several spots up. Any suggestions are welcome.[ATTACH=CONFIG]3427[/ATTACH]

Very nice.

I really like it, but the river needs to have more detail.

small update:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3428[/ATTACH]

Your levels are actually pretty nice. The one consistent criticism I have with them is the spacing of all the “detail” tiles. More specifically, the flower and grass tiles in each of the screenshots are very unnatural feeling.

A similar thing happens in pixel art, which they call “the grid,” but basically the idea is applying here. You want to make “the grid” disappear, or the artificiality disappear. You want to make the tiles blend into the scenery, so much so that it feels natural. The tiling doesn’t fit in with the “world” and it makes a player aware that they are playing a game (I mean this in a figurative sense. Of course a player is “aware” they are playing a video game).

If you’ll note the grass here - this is consistent through LTTP. Patches of grass and flowers. Now, this isn’t my personal style, but it works really well, especially with the classic tileset.

I understand everyone has their own style, but “style” shouldn’t justify banality.