Recent listserver downtime

i got some sweet shoes from him. it was a steal.

It’s done for the backlinks to their website to help “credit” their websites with backlinks in order to make google happy. Really… this is all google’s fault.

I doubt anyone is here to fix it, but it’s down again. I’m in the middle of testing something important too. :frowning: (No, not some server project. I’m pretty sure I’ve found a way to extend the weapon script size limit by about 75%. I need to test it.)

It’s back up. Thank you for informing us of the service being down! :slight_smile:

what you gonna do? I thought about it once. the only thing i could think of was to use triggeractions or flags so scripts could talk to each other. had a crappy prototype where one script held a few functions and another script called them up via flags.

It’s already done. Scripts (At least weapons, I haven’t checked others yet.) can be extended up to 28767 bytes. (Possibly more… there’s more research to be done.) I’m waiting on Nalin to get on and make sure there’s not something I overlooked.

well if you implemented it in gs1, get tricxsta to look at it too

It’s not a script “hack”. It’s a server executable fix. The data is encoded incorrectly in the current revision.

Why should tricxta look at it? Nalin knows GS1.

i said “too.”

i thought the size cap was due to the client being shitty, not the server.

Tricxta isn’t needed to test anything. You make it sound like the kid is important.

The client definitely is shitty, but just a little less shitty in this regard than was known before.

tricxta is good with gs1 and i thought he might like to look at some code. i’m not saying he better than you.

You know, there are much easier ways of contacting me rather than waiting for me to check the forums. But, PM sent.

Why the hell would he even need to see anything.

jesus fuck. sorry i mentioned his name. next time i’ll know better.

tricxta == voldemort

no

comon man

just no. lol

Well, while working with Codr, we exploited the way the Graal client unpacks data in order to transmit larger numbers than we previously could; I’ve already committed a patch for the gserver. The most direct results of this are that weapons size limits should be increased to around 28KB. So, fun, I guess.

So you’re meaning to say the weapon size limit is now 28kb? :slight_smile: