Server upgrade!

Hello everyone!

The datacenter we’re currently hosted in has decided to move all their customers to a new data center, this means that we get more cpu power (Celeron P4 equivalent single core -> 64bit quadcore) and redundant backups of the harddrives. This is going to mean some downtime, but it will definitely help with the slowdowns we’ve had the last year(s).

I just thought I’d let you know this is going to happen! I’m really stoked! =)

damn… lol

As far as I know it will be the same deal as before but better hardware. =)

I can’t wait for the POWER

I don’t know about the power but I felt the downtime XD

Are we upgrading to debian 64 bit?

So when’s the service being moved? The serverlist keeps on dropping in and out(or something like that) so it’s sometimes hard to list the servers.

The migration is now done and hopefully the website is much faster than before. It will take a while until the dns updates has propagated for everyone, but it’ll probably sort itself out in the next 24 hours. :slight_smile:

What’s this? The forums loaded instantly?

I chose to migrate manually so we didn’t transfer all the crap that might cause the slowdowns. :slight_smile:

I’m having trouble logging into the reborn client though. I keep getting the “The connection could not be established!” error

Same experience. Listserv has been inaccessible all day, and still is.

Go into the graal-directory, open arrays2.dat with notepad, change listserver.graal.in to 192.163.212.70.

Sweet, oh those naughty servers. We still have to wait for them to pickup the change.

Thanks works like a charm :slight_smile:

Actually… my RC2_2.05.exe isn’t finding the list server yet. Still some transition woes to wait on.

Mine is fine. Is your rc in a seperate folder to your client?

That’s correct, RC2_2.05.exe is in the RC2 folder.

Anyways, this is moot. It can connect to the list serv again. Appears the last issues from the IP change have been resolved.

Just throwing it out there - updated vbulletin to latest 4.x, if theirs any bugs or weird shit going on just send me a message or post it somewhere on the forums and i’ll look into it.

This may not be correlated, but I think a bunch of spam bots just registered.