Site running slow

If you’ve experienced that the site has been running slow lately it’s because as of today, some asshole is DDoS’ing the webserver with search querys to one of the webservers IP’s.

My colleague has done some stuff that takes down the servers load a bit but until it’s over there isn’t much we can do about it. If this doesn’t stop, we might need to move the site over to Joey’s new server.

Cheers,
Cadavre

There’s no way to just, like, “block” a DDoS?

Ehh… If there’s not, a DDoS is a bit powerful for something so easy to preform…

To block a DDoS requires a nice expensive external firewall. But even then, it hits every connection along the way. So yes, it is something “a bit powerful for something so easy to perform”.

Just looking at the logs, it looks like the server is being hit by at least some 15k different IP:s. Didn’t look into it much further than that, once I realised it’d be cumbersome to try to block the requests by IP.

But it’s not easy to set up something like that. And probably illegal too, considering the amount of machines you’d have to gain access to :slight_smile:

probably? lol

Yeah, who knows what they’ve done, I could give you a ping from a couple hundred IP adresses without having to resort to something illegal :).

But I looked at some of the data, and it’s users from all over the world, and appears to be a mix of broken into servers and plain dsl internet users.

It’s being filtered fairly efficiently now, and as long as they don’t consume all the input bandwidth, the site will be working.

so is that why i’ve been having problems conecting?

Maybe Stephane is doing it. lol. Some great big conspiracy using the Graal client as a means for a DDoS attack. I don’t know how feasible that is, but wouldn’t it be ridiculous if it were him?

LOL. That would be awsome. Built-In-DDOS-Attack in every graal client :stuck_out_tongue:

PWned

He already tried it, only he didn’t use the Graal Clients, he used the servers the playerworlds were hosted on.

lol? Any proofs?

Not my servers; He has tried to bruteforce some of our FTP Servers as well.
Plenty of logs on those, in one instance Joey inserted a “dummy file” into the FTP he was about to break into, to make fun of him.

lol! To bad you didnt rip him for that :[

lol what a fag. Its GraalOnlines own fault that we happened to make a FREE version. Nearly every program out there that requires money has a “cracked” version of some sort that allows free access. And we happen to have Graal’s :slight_smile:

:wink:
so true.

Even though normaly I ‘like’ to pay for software I use and where the price is reasonable.

Just to support the developer / development though.

Yes of course. But GraalOnline is way too overpriced. :stuck_out_tongue:

The old version with lifetime for some bucks was quite ok in my eyes…
Even had 3 P2P- Accounts… (even VIP :P)

Aye but Graal’s marketing scheme is, “Pay to work for us; To give us more material to sell.”

dum-dum-duuuuum

There are places that offer DDos protection but I dunno if any of them are really any good(butt they sure are over-priced!). I’ve seen some pretty big companies using them before, though. PM me for more info.