tileset

Can someone explain tilesets? i have a vague idea but the search thing is terrible i can never find what i want. i just want to know:

what they are
how to make a new one
how to load it into the level
anything else that might be necessary

totally noobish but whatever.

1. A tile set is a set of tiles that let you construct a level. The classic example of a tileset is the infamous pics1 tileset
  2. to make a new tileset decide wether you want to make it type 0 or type1
    type 0 being like pics1 and type type 1 being like eras. When you have finished making your tileset make sure you either save as a gif or an 8 bit png otherwise you will see nothing
    3)to add a tileset to a level use the command addtiledef
    example:I want to use pics1.png for all my levels so I will type pics1.png,0;
    the 0 is there because its a type 0 tileset
    example 2:i want to use the era tileset for levels starting with era so I will type eratileset.png,era,1; the one being there since its a type 1 tileset
  3. -each tile is 16x16 pixels, this is just handy to know when manipulating levels finely with setimgpart tileset.pngx,y,w,h;
    -you can find templates of tileset by using the search function
    -you can swap parts in a tileset using addtiledef2(refer to commands.rtf for more info)

thanks for replying freakishly fast :slight_smile:

but how do i make so it will load on the server? does it just magically include it? where do i put my tileset?

uhhh put the tileset in the images folder: world/images/
if that doesnt work try the world folder and if that doesnt work I dont know, I dont bother with custom tilesets coz im lazy and already made half a playerworld with pics1 and im not keen to start over

ok thanks.

just put in base world folder, its where I put gr-tileset_01.png and riley_tiles.gif

NO.

Never use .gif for graal. Never.

you shouldnt but it works, its nice to supply people with all the info

I prefer GIF because their the only type of image I can properly index! :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t even tell him at all, we are trying to make a future where .gifs are not in Graal.

:\

Transforms into .gif Hitler

thats not possible! GIFs will always exist on graal reborn :smiley:

Here we go…

I lol’d. Good one.

Let’s keep this thread clean though.

b…bu.b…but you cant take both sides :eek:

Hm, so you do have a heart Spooon. xD

YES I CAN TAKE BOTH SIDES!

graal was born from gifs then mutilated into either an 8 bit png or a mng, im very passionate about gifs. Poor gifs :frowning:

Jews-- I mean .gifs MUST BE BURNED TO ASHES.

“ONLY BLUE AND BLONDE IMAGES!” said the GIF Natzi Cat

I think you should stop now so people can post relevant questions while this thread is still open

That’s because around that time the patent for the LZW compression algorithm, which is the compression algorithm used in the gif format, was close to expiring. Because of that, Unisys, the owners of the patent, started trying to collect licensing fees from people using gifs. It caused enough of a stink that Stefan started to convert all the gifs over to png/mng and tried to forbid the usage of gif images.

http://burnallgifs.org/archives/