Website is getting some progress

Check it out http://www.graal.in/ and say what you think! =)

Suggestions:

1. -Stowen’s client download (wr3ckless.net/graal_reborn.zip) should be on the top of the list. I believe it is the most reliable. – Fixed
  2. -If the NPC page is re-added, a new system for collecting the NPCs is needed. The current one–the [NPC] tag–has been misused.
  3. -If the FAQ page is re-added, a new system for collection the FAQs is needed. The current one–the [FAQ] tag–has been misused.
  4. -Better DIV headers for order and easy-reading. – Care to explain what you mean? //Cadavre
  5. -Download link button somewhere on the main website (must be eye catching) – Downloads link will be in the menu and there will be a big button called “GET STARTED” on the frontpage linking to a series of pages that will guide you through the whole process. //Cadavre
  6. -Mockup of the front page is here: http://i.imgur.com/VpdtJ.png
  7. -Where the playerworlds are in that image should be a download button, login area, and your forum stats once you log in.
  8. -Screenshots and Images in the FAQ to help visual learners
  9. -“more marquee on the website pls” – Downsider – NO //C
  10. -“CSS design could be useful.” – Eroz – Care to explain what you mean? //Cadavre

Guilds:
-Instead of VIP/Donor guild making rights, use Reputation points
or
-Instead of Reputation guild making fees, have 3-5 Donors/VIPs give the “OK” to a new guild
or
-7 Member guild requirement to create, authorization/accepted by the PWA in order for it to be created. (Not sure if that was a request, or laying down the rules.)

Requests:

1. -A news feed for important announcements. – In progress. //Cadavre
  2. -An activity feed for people in your friend/contact list. – We’ll see about this, might be a lot of work. //Cadavre
  3. -Maybe in time we can feature some contests on the front page?
  4. -Most recent posts on the forum go on the main website – Isn’t this the same as point 2? //Cadavre
  5. -Ability to buy/make a guild /via donor and VIP rights – Already pointed out above. //Cadavre
  6. -Guild War every Friday – Not website-related. //Cadavre

A few questions.
Will the playerworlds page have the same functions as the previous version?
Will there be a Playerworld CP and PWA CP? (CP meaning control panel)
Will there be forum login and statistics like the old home page?
Will there be a global guilds CP?

And suggestions.
Stowen’s client download (wr3ckless.net/graal_reborn.zip) should be on the top of the list. I believe it is the most reliable.
If the NPC page is re-added, a new system for collecting the NPCs is needed. The current one–the [NPC] tag–has been misused.
If the FAQ page is re-added, a new system for collection the FAQs is needed. The current one–the [FAQ] tag–has been misused.
Better DIV headers for order and easy-reading.

Request.
A news feed for important announcements.
An activity feed for people in your friend/contact list.

More questions and suggestions may arise as more content appears.

Excellent! Now I can check the player list without opening Graal or RC again.

That home page confused me though, Maybe the most recent forum posts should go there and a flashy image for the download link somewhere on the side? idk I’m not the BEST at site organization, I just think it looks messy.

Script Showcase and Graphic Showcases on the Main Site are a must.

Maybe in time we can feature some contests on the front page?

edit:
finally reads Spooon’s post
Now I’m tempted to erase…

I put the download stuff on first page because people are stupid/lazy. Newsfeed Will be readded.
Playerworld administration is already readded but needs design updates.
Global guld control Will be added in time.
I Will go trough most of the old stuff and see what we actually need.

When you make suggestions, mockup images of how it would look is appreciated! It helps lots. I know how to program but suck at making UIs that people actually understand!

I Will look through all suggestions and see if it’s actually doable/needed!

Alright, just what I wanted to hear, I’ll mess around with a screenshot. I have a few ideas.

edit: I think I had a bit too much fun doing this,

http://i.imgur.com/VpdtJ.png

That’s basically what I think should happen to the front page. There’s room to mess around with this idea though.

Ill be back soon and will want to help out

I like Yenairo’s mock-up. However, on the side where he has featured playerworlds I’d like to see a download button, login area, and stuff like that. When you log in the login area can have the info in the side bar in posts.

Account
Title
Blue Bar
Orange Bar
Green Bar
Achievements
Awards

I need suggestions on how to make the faq (Designwise, images appreciated), or if there’s some FAQ-system made in PHP already that we could integrate. When the login and FAQ section is done, I need a FAQ-moderation team that takes FAQ’s from the forum and FAQ-suggestions and go through them and make them up to date.

If you log in to the forums, you’re logged in to the main-site atm.

If someone is willing to sum up all suggestions in a list in one post in this thread, it’d be much easier to go through it, step by step and strike it if it’s done or I won’t do it.

Yeah this sounds good. What I have there is gigantic anyway. I’m thinking the Screenshots might have to be like 125x125px max or something just so it doesn’t take up half the page lol

also the FAQ could have some images/screenshots for people who are visual learners and cant stand looking at walls of text. I could help with that if you want.

edit: lol I just rehashed what Cadavre just said.
Anyway the login might be nice on the main site too, since I remember using it there more than I remember using it here when it was still there.

I would like it if you could buy a global guild once you reach a certain amount of posts, that would be cool.

That might cause a spam-fest. Using Rep might be better, though.

How about Donors and VIP can make global guilds?

Yeah but I’m red in rep D:

Yeah, time to spend some of the american money I’ve got on PayPal!

more marquee on website pls

CSS design could be useful.

If you did that we’d have one person guilds.
I think like 1250 rep should buy a global guild… just sayin. There shouldn’t be too many on this site since there is a good 10 players on the game at the time anyway.

how is that gonna be any different ? i like spooons idea .

Lets just have two guilds and have a guild fight every Friday. K back to topic

Spooon’s idea enables P2P/Cash Shop elitism and it’s not what we want on Free Graal.
Or do we want to go back to Graal? O_o

edit: The rep enables the well known, and trustworthy posters to make Guilds and not people who just pop $5 in the box and suddenly want to make a guild. It enables more of the people who CAN’T donate because they’re unable to or can’t afford to. cough me cough

Even still I’d trust Spooon to resurrect Centurio ;D

I’ve still got your guild house in my old xialza back up :smiley: