Windows 10

Windows 10 has been in the news quite a lot recently, especially with the expected release date of July 29th. It seems as if Microsoft is doing a good job cleaning their mess that happened with Windows 8, and a lot of cool things happened. This new operating system combines the best things from Windows 7 and merges it with Windows 8, as well as adding many new things as well.

I have been using Linux for a while, and I must say, this may cause me to set Windows as my primary operating system once again! What are your thoughts on Windows 10?

It’s so buggy. Don’t bother with it until it’s officially released.

Trust me Never try to use it It’s full of bugs and Horrible mistakes .

microsoft cant get hard anymore

I’ve actually tried one of the recent preview builds, and it appears to becoming quite stable!

Whenever a company does things like force popups/updates on Windows Vista or newer users “GWX.EXE” saying UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 ITS FREE AND GOOD WE PROMISE; while spending several billions of dollars on advertisements and paid shills I am like uhmmm, no thanks! http://www.howtogeek.com/218856/how-do-you-disable-the-get-windows-10-icon-shown-in-the-notification-tray/

http://toastytech.com/guis/win8.html https://www.fsf.org/windows8

The truth is Microsoft has not made a good OS since NT5.2 (XP x64, XP Black Edition/PoS and Server 2003) and only after service packs and updates and custom mods by pirates.

Since Vista they have severely screwed up, do not want to admit to their faults and just double down on idiocies nobody wants such as built in DRM, spyware and restrictions.

Microsoft thinks it is still 1996 and that they can monopolize whatever they want and still make money regardless, and to a certain extent they are right… Back then they got into trouble and eventually got a slap on the wrist for merely bundling their IE3/4 browser with Win95/98… Now they go all out without consequence.

I’d recommend a version of Ubuntu or Mint made prior to the introduction to systemd and maybe Server2003 ran in a virtual machine.

OS/2 Warp 4 or ecomstation is also great if you can set it up with your hardware.

Apple and Google are no better either, in fact I consider Apple, Microsoft and Google to be one in the same company all with the same policies and people. It’s best if possible to move away from all of them as soon as possible.

Personally I think vista was horrid and 7 was ok

I’m curious to know if many businesses switched to Win8 when support for XP ended. Or if they are more likely to switch to Win10.

Here a lot of computers still run WinXP… my choice will be influenced by which OS will be of choice for businesses and governments. Obviously for the experience on the newer OS.

Something that’s kinda important to me since I’ll be buying a new computer and will throw in an official Windows copy.
What would you guys suggest? Screw the fanboyism, really: Win8 or Win10?

P.S: Hello, I stalk from time to time. Will check back this thread shortly.

i bought an ssd i might just put windows 10 on it instead of migrating an os because i am not very smart

Win 8 then do free update to 10 when it’s released. Duh

i already got a preinstall notification, guess ill get that shit going when my gook ssd arrives

Thought about it… but will businesses migrate to windows 10?
The conditions are many, staff experience, trust of the new OS… whatever shit business people can think of.

Anyone knows of the statistics of use and predictions?

I can assure you that most businesses will eventually migrate to 10

From what I just read it seems so; Microsoft has for a goal to have a billion machines running Windows X. They’ll probably go the necessary lengths for it to happen so my choice is made. Windows X is what I’ll buy.

I heard it’s gonna be a subscription liscense

Stuff that, the day that happens is the day I’ll go to linux

this idea gives me cancer

Random fun fact: I have not personally obtained a “legit” license of any MS product since somehow getting some Server 2003 licenses through my old college’s MSDN program in 2006. I still use them on some secured machines.

Yes microsoft is so desperate that for decades they have been spreading their cancer by giving out their crap for free to colleges, schools, students, teachers, governors, dog kennels you name it…

Besides that I just use the XP license stickers on hundreds of old garbage machines and by “other means”. There is also Windows XP Black Edition and XP PoSReady2009 that is updated until 2019. That or you can switch one setting in XP 32bit’s registry to have it download the PoSReady updates.

Windows 7 and 8.1 is also fine with the settings changed around, customized and being consciously aware of the NSA/other backdoors built in.

there is of course nothing wrong with Linux and there are many varieties out there which are now just as easy and functional as any microsoft or apple OS.

but Hell will freeze over before I intentionally go out of my way to give microsoft, google, apple or their other “smart” companies any money. If they are “giving it out for free” I will also be reluctant and skeptical as hell only “updating” to it if/when its ever necessary and also firewalling, controlling and inspecting their network activity. I will devolve to banging sticks and rocks together before I acquiesce to a “subscription license” which is also why I do not play DRM laden games.

I keep dozens of different physical computers with a wide variety of OS and purposes, such as a 486 thinkpad running apache on OS/2 or a PowerBook with MacOS 7.6.1 to run those cheesey 90’s games and programs. I also run stuff in virtual machine quite often.

I think being diversified, resilient and not cucked/fanboyed onto any one thing is generally the best policy.

I heard the same, apparently they want to update Windows X to greater lengths instead of releasing a next Windows. We won’t be seeing a Windows Eleven until much later than usual if that happens.

Doesn’t sound too much a good idea to me. Sounds like what Norton and other crap antivirus do; which I despise. Also, the idea of being stuck instantly with a crappy Windows with their new stupid ideas (extended desktop, metro…) just because they won’t release a different one makes me uncomfortable.

We might see the advent of good Windows competition soon.

i got my ssd i have no idea what this harddrive cloning shit is or how im supposed to move my os and i don’t have another harddrive to back up 900gbs of shit on. with windows 10 can i install that shit on the ssd and not on my primary drive? its a miracle i even got the ssd in without breaking something