JS Reborn

Destroying that barrel in game will be so much fun!

Destructible objects are always fun :smiley: especially if they drop items and such. I plan on finishing those liquor bottles and also putting them into a crate. To be honest I have done it already, but I was not satisfied with it and I want to redo the crate.
Rammy, is the graphics you need post on your forums? Might make it a bit easier then searching all 10 (at the time) pages of this thread.

I really shouldn’t post at 3 AM… My spelling gets even worse :X

Already done, my friend: http://evora.forumotion.com/t12-chicken-s-graphic-archive
I figured as much. I’ll continue to update it as you post them here.

I actually meant your list of things that you would like made XD I was searching for it on here, but thought it may be convenient to have its own post on your forums.

Sounds good, I’ll edit that thread to include the list.

Edit: here it is http://evora.forumotion.com/t12-graphic-assignments

Have you done much work functionally on your engine lately? Wouldn’t mind seeing another demo

Unfortunately I won’t be able to work on the demo at all until next week…I’m falling behind on a few college supplements I still need to complete and I’m nearing the end of my semester and application process. However, once that’s all done, I’ll be posting as frequently as I use to and planning for the next demo release.

On the bright side, that should give 2ndwolf enough time to start working on the editor and hopefully providing progress updates from his end as well.

Just a few images I made before going to bed. I plan to do an amber bottle and perhaps one that has a label on it that’s like “XXX” for moonshine or something.

Made some support beam type things, modified my old lanterns colour scheme, larger crate and also I made them stack a bit better.

A bit more to the support beams, I suppose. These ones are a bit worn and it’s more of a mine shaft then anything.

Some stupid bodies I was messing mocking up (didn’t use a scale) so they’re not usable at all, but practicing really. I think the skin tone will work though.

I thought people might get a bit of a kick out of these reference images XD so I have included them.

Took a few hours, a few iterations >.> I suck at humanoids, animals etc. And animating will be the hardest part, that being said I have piece out the head, torso, arms and legs to make things a bit easier. Not sure when I will get to doing that though. A daunting task.

Even if it’s not suitable for this, it was a good learning experience and definitely worth the time. I can tell already that it’s still a bit small compared to things like the crates etc, but that would just require them to be resized.

These ones are mine.
Updated: did a few iterations :slight_smile: one has dungarees. Not sure what they’re called in other countries (the jean pant things with suspenders)

These are my reference images and mockups.

Assuming [USER=“11182”]Rammy[/USER] is using Javascript…
Do you use 2d canvas or webgl?

Yes, Canvas.

Hey guys,

Most likely will be open sourcing this project soon. I will continue to contribute to it from time to time but unfortunately I can’t fully support it like I had been. I’ve been inactive for some time now due to schoolwork…Also, the college I’ve committed to is rather pricey and, even with financial aid, I’m going to have to start working every day to save up. So with limited time and energy, I figured I’d at least do my part to put it up here for others to build on.

Anyway, just thought I’d let you guys know.

*Side note: there’s a big video game development/design lab run by the university near my particular faculty, so if I end up meeting anyone there, I’ll definitely pitch this project to them.

For different reasons, it’s similar on my side. Will not be developing the editor as steadily as when I started. Most of you here have seen my works and may have noticed I get interested in coding for different periods of time after random periods of inactivity.

I might release the source code if anyone wants to see it but it’s really short (320 lines or so) and I don’t want help. Besides, much went into structure… so I have like 10 files and most are empty.

Right now I’m interested in poker and putting efforts into social life. I /will/ get back to coding, because I love coding. It’s just that for the moment I don’t see why I should be spending time on something that will have little to no impact on my life. Time is precious.

god damnit, 2ndwolf

You must be an optimist hos. I was helping under the realization that it probably wont get finished, but hopefully the stuff that was created can be useful to others. It’s a graal thing.

Glad to read you’re not too disappointed.

yeah please keep at your graphics project, It’ll be useful for any members here needing some assets to release in a base package for an engine.

Plan too. I started the North facing direction last night. Only have the initial mockup frame done, but it’s coming a long. I may still actually go back at some stage and redo the side directions again, or I may actually continue the nude body which was proving to be a pain to animate.

It helps to just be in it for yourself, or have selfish reasons for helping. I’m doing it as a way to improve, but also I will probably use them down the line as tests for my own projects when I get my programming up to scratch (actively working on this).
It’s also good to help people out to.