Nostalgia? I dunno

Issues fixed now and the images are showing up. Seems it was a mixture of problems. Apparently GIMP doesn’t properly convert to 8bit PNG and also having a bigmap set in the server options kills all the images on the overworld XD

I also detailed and pathed a fair amount of the south coastal area. Below the main city.

Yeah I have a lot of little problems with GIMP, I should really check out other options. Riley recommended paint.net or something but I didn’t want to change enough before.

General store. I re done the default bottles, added transparency to them and such and an outline.

Nice work on the bottles, I did the same for PWA I think. It’s needed.

Thanks. Yeah I was going to use the standard one, but it had no transparency and was kinda weird zoomed in lol.

Hazaa! light. I’m still pretty rusty at pixel art :X but should do for now.

Ideally I would have the light effects fading in and out, but that’s a smidge to much detail for right now haha.

Sure :slight_smile:

Send me the level and graphics, I’ll do it.

Thanks. I can do it, but not really going hardcore into detail with things at the moment.

Programming showed to be harder than I remembered… I had a difficult time simply understanding what I was doing so here’s what I did… the thing shouldn’t flicker but it does

if(playerenters){
  dontblock;
  drawaslight;
  seteffectmode 0;
  this.i = 6;
  setcoloreffect 1,0,0,1/this.i;
  timeout = .2;
}

if(timeout){
  this.i = this.j % 6;

if(this.i == 0 || this.i == 5){
    this.switch = (this.switch + 1) % 2;
  }

if (this.switch == 1) this.j++; else this.j--;

changeimgzoom 0,1/this.i;
  setcoloreffect 1,0,0,1/this.i - .1;
  timeout = .2;
}

Thanks for that :slight_smile: added it in now. I modified the code a bit, just so it was a bit more transparent, but it looks great in game.

Your code is the best

Done a basement to the general store, with some custom blocks and also finished the levels for the Dodgey Spartan Spar House (3 levels in total and a balcony)
updated my changing maze and modified the light flicker NPC a smidge to, thanks once again for that.

Apart from the fact I used two variables where only one was required and didn’t figure out the light flickered because you cannot divide by 0.

This one fades in and out like I intended.

if(playerenters){
  dontblock;
  drawaslight;
  seteffectmode 0;
  this.j = 3;
  setcoloreffect 1,0,0,1/3 - .1;
  timeout = .2;
}

if(timeout){

if(this.j <= 1 || this.j >= 4){
    this.switch = (this.switch + 1) % 2;
  }

if (this.switch == 1) this.j++; else this.j--;

changeimgzoom 0,1/this.j;
  setcoloreffect 1,0,0,1/this.j - .1;
  timeout = .2;
}

Nice blocks and puzzle.

By the way, if you ever have to modify something like replicated code or replace an image server wide, I use jEdit for that. It can do search and replace over a whole folder. It’s also free. http://www.jedit.org/

EDIT: O… it requires JRE… the thing is like flash… always needs updates and the updater can slow down windows while it boots so I don’t think you’d want it… you still can download it there though http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja…ads/index.html

Thanks for the updated version, I will put it in later on. I actually already have jedit installed as we used it on Fantasy Tales 'cause the script engine was effectively javascript XD

Don’t mean to double post, but, umm, w/e.

The Thrown Chair Bar. Playerkilling is enabled, but weapons are disabled.

WIP taylor

lol @ throwable chairs

Kondie was working on a taylor thing on PWA… no idea if he finished it but it looked pretty nice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n185344[/ATTACH]

Thats a way better looking UI XD! I was just doing something simple. Only really just getting back into Gscript and I’m rusty as heck.

Tailor? I can’t spell for crap.

Paid healthcare, what a bugger :X After realizing maps really don’t like links inside buildings I scrapped the map and now it’s just two individual level, bah!

Taylors Little Tailor Shop :smiley:

Write Taylor - > Get picture of cute girl
Nice

If you have to use gmaps on inside levels, they are waaaay too big. Even there, you levels are pretty big. Consider cutting them down to the essential of what you want in there. The rest is just floors, unused space.

Yeh, I may need to cut down on the sizes. The size was more a product of following the outline of the outside building, but I think I will just slim them down a bit XD You’re going on a diet levels.